Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Moisturizing scrub-love!

My skin and I had quite a fight in October and it decided to peel like none other! I needed an abrasive scrub that WOULDN'T contribute to the massive dryness, and fast! No better solution than one I didn't have to buy, took about 10 seconds for me to make and was natural!
What I'm talking about is the ever simple and classic olive oil and sugar scrub. 


What makes it so great? 
The vitamin E in olive oil is an antioxidant, it's super moisturizing and from nature! I suggest using (cold pressed) extra-virgin olive oil for the most benefits. The sugar (I simply used normal white refined granulated sugar) works as a fairly abrasive exfoliant to slosh off those dead skin cells, but without being overly harsh. 


**How to make your own scrub** 
I always make enough for one use and still have enough to scrub my face and hands with just this!

*1 teaspoon granulated sugar
*1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil


Combine in a small bowl.  -- and that's it! (picture below shown before I mixed them)






To use: I like to use this in the shower, as my last task, allowing the steam to really open up my pores beforehand. 
Simply apply and scrub, the sugar tends to melt into the oil as you scrub, so when the sugar's gone, you're done! I do believe it's best to cleanse your skin afterwards, especially oily or acne prone skin types. 


I hope you try this out for yourself and find it helpful!
Join&follow this blog for many more informational posts to come :D


Thank you so much for reading,
Sara


*twitter* let's chat! http://twitter.com/#!/HappyHeart907


youtube fanatics unite!  http://www.youtube.com/happyheart907

No comments:

Post a Comment